Speaking on Truth Network’s Kingdom Pursuits About The Way Ahead

On June 13, 2026, I had the privilege of appearing on the Truth Network’s Kingdom Pursuits. The show explores “the stories of men and women who take what they love and let God turn their passion into kingdom pursuits.” That description meant a great deal to me, because that is exactly what I pray The Way Ahead will be: not merely a book, but a kingdom pursuit centered on Jesus Christ.

During the interview, I was introduced as the author of The Way Ahead, and I was grateful for the opportunity to explain what the book is truly about. I described it as “the Christian guidebook I wrote on Jesus Christ and living today in a noisy, divided spiritual age.” I did not write it because I had all the answers. I wrote it because I had wrestled with the questions before being reborn in 2017. My path was one of “seeking a deeper, clearer, more courageous faith in Jesus,” who is “fully God, fully man, crucified, risen, and forever our Lord.”
The host asked about my doctorate, and I shared that my degree is in theology. That opened the door to discuss the heart of the book. The Way Ahead is a Christ-centered guide for spiritual resilience. In the book, I think through faith, doubt, Scripture, science, and the trials of our time. Across twenty-one chapters and five sections, the goal is simple: every chapter is meant to lead believers back to Christ.
One of the most important moments in the conversation came when the host noticed that I said the book is meant to lead “believers” back to Christ, not only unbelievers toward Him. I explained why. I once had a mentor, a Baptist and an active member of his church, who believed Jesus was a great moral teacher but did not believe He was divine. I had just taken a Christology course in seminary, and I was taken aback. I began looking more deeply into the issue. I saw surveys suggesting that even among evangelicals, a sizable percentage affirmed Jesus as a good teacher or moral example but struggled with His divinity.
That was unacceptable to me. I felt I needed to write a book for believers who are tired, discouraged, and worn down. I wanted to point them back to Christ and give the evidence for why He is who Scripture says He is. I wanted to write a guidebook to help fortify faith across all dimensions. Of course, if non-believers pick up the book, read it, and develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, I would love that. But the burden on my heart was especially to strengthen believers and call them back to the foundation.
We also spoke about faith itself. Faith is not merely a feeling. We need to know what we believe and why. I said that Christians today, and I include myself as a millennial, are passionate for the truth, but many struggle because life moves so fast. Everything is overscheduled. The screens are nonstop. The noise is constant. So I recommended that Christians slow down, silence the mind, and really listen. We are all on our own unique path, but we each have to make the choice: be baptized and follow Christ.
The host connected that point beautifully to prayer. As we slow down and listen, we are listening for God. Prayer is not only us talking to God; it is the relationship in which God shares with us. It is “more than a feeling.” It is a real relationship with the living God.
Later in the interview, I was asked what surprised me most in the process of writing the book. I was honest: writing a Christian nonfiction guidebook sounds good at first, but it became one of the most challenging things I have ever done. First came the process of finding a publisher. Then, after securing a publisher, came the rewrites, revisions, and polishing, along with the demand that the work be of the highest possible quality. It was a major commitment, but I would not trade a second of it.
I was able to use some of my seminary studies to get the content started, but the book became much more than an academic exercise. By the end of the process, I could feel my writing getting stronger. The work itself shaped me. It refined the message. It made me more careful, more disciplined, and more aware of the responsibility that comes with writing about Christ, Scripture, and the Christian life.
The host also asked whether there was one chapter that especially challenged me. I answered that Chapter Ten was the one I wrestled with most. My grandfather was a professor who worked to reconcile science and faith. That is a difficult subject to write about, especially from an evangelical viewpoint, which I hold. I wanted to speak to the evangelical community in a way that pays respect to both science and faith, because I do not believe they are enemies. Truth is truth. God is not threatened by truth. He is the author of it.
Toward the end of the interview, I was allowed to share anything I wanted to make sure I said. I returned to the book's central message. Once you have picked up the evidence and seen that the truth of Christ is undeniable, you can build an unwavering faith. That is a wonderful thing. But unwavering faith does not mean life will suddenly become easy.
We still need discernment. We have to constantly renew the spirit through the phases of life, especially in an age of media distractions, cultural pressure, and skepticism all around us. We have to keep going back to the foundation, and that foundation is Christ. He is the rock that we must build our lives around.
I am deeply grateful to the Truth Network and Kingdom Pursuits for allowing me to speak about The Way Ahead. My prayer is that the book will help readers walk with Jesus through the spiritual trials of our time, return to the center of the faith, and remember that the way ahead is not found in noise, fear, or confusion.
The Way ahead is Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seeing God in a Blurry World: How Faith Brings Clarity to Everyday Life

Point of View Radio Talk Show on May 19, 2026

Milestone from last week